Please follow our important follow-up in person protocols for the abortion pill, a one week follow-up appointment after pill was given.
Considered to be a gentle medical abortion that is streamlined for your convenience.
- 1st trimester abortion is often completed within 2-4 hours / 1-day procedure
- Abortion services are made available as early as a positive pregnancy test
- We will verify your insurance coverage prior to the appointment (provide insurance info online or over the phone)
- At the time of your appointment we will discuss the Simplified 4-Step Abortion Regimen
- Oral medications, instead of vaginal inserts, for the added comfort, safety and convenience of today’s women
About the Abortion Pill (RU46)
The Abortion Pill (Mifeprex) has been FDA approved since the year 2000.
A medical abortion is a private choice. It allows women to terminate a pregnancy on their own terms—in the privacy of their own homes. The drug-induced miscarriage mimics a natural miscarriage.
There is a 7% Failure Rate esp if you are close to 9 weeks and 2 days.
In such case, next step is getting a surgical abortions. That's why attending the in-person follow up one week after the pill was taken, thus it is critical in every process to call and check in with our office.
Who Can Use the Abortion Pill?
The abortion pill is an option for women within the first 7 weeks of pregnancy. The length of the pregnancy is confirmed by a sonogram in the doctor’s office.
The fee for the abortion pill is $600 for self pay patients or most insurance plans cover the cost of the abortion pill. Two office visits, two sonograms and around-the-clock staff availability are included.”
Is the Abortion Pill Effective?
Clinical studies have found the RU486 abortion pill 98% effective.
The Abortion Pill or Traditional Abortion?
We have staff available 24/7 to address your personal issues in finding the option that is best for you. We ask you to please call us if you’re experiencing any unusual discomfort than discussed in our post-op counseling.